My little keepsake azalea tree/ plant died is there anyway to bring it back to life?

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My little keepsake azalea tree/ plant died is there anyway to bring it back to life?

From emailing:

I have it in a pot inside. Would it do better if I transplant it outdoors? Should I fretilize it or anything I know they like the acid based food.Help I have a purple thumb and I want so badly to have pretty plants and stuff! :)

First make sure if it is dead. Take a small branch and snap it. If it is dry it is dead if it bends instead of snaps in two then you might be able to save it. Please put it in the yard. Buy some root hormone, Walmart or Lowes use it according to directions, while you’re there buy some Miracid for acid loving plants.

http://www.acehardware.com/sm-miracid-soil-acidifier-plant-food-miracid-soil-acidifier-plant-food–pi-1335058.html

When you are ready to remove the plant from the pot be very careful. Check the roots to see if any of them are white and hairy, if they are then it’s still alive.

Use this link for care instructions.

http://www.gardenersnet.com/tree/azalea.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment