Bonsai tree: Representation of accent plant

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bonsai tree: Representation of accent plant

Last month’s California Shohin Seminar was a delight. Plenty of workshops, demonstrations, and vendors, plus a great exhibit of shohin bonsai. One display element that caught my attention was an accent plant – a wonderful mix of overflowing foliage on a relatively large slab.
Accent plant
I believe this accent would make a great compliment to many bonsai displays. I was curious which tree the accent was paired with when I noticed that the accent complemented not a tree but a scroll. Or the scroll complemented the accent – it’s hard to say which. Needless to say, the two work well together.
Accent/scroll display
I appreciate that the exhibit featured several less traditional displays like the one above and I look forward to seeing more of the like in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment